Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Whew!

Simon did beautifully this morning... as usual, he was the little charmer, forcing all the nurses to stop by and talk to him and flashing the dimples left and right. He went right to the nurse who carried him back the OR, and they told me afterward that he never even cried!

He was done in about ten minutes and cried in the recovery room for a bit while he came out of the anesthesia, but then took a full bottle, started another one, ate a handful of Puffs and happily played with his little red-lit toe monitor thing until we got discharged.

Since we have been home, I have already heard him babble more in an hour than I have in probably the last two months. He has latched on to "buh" with a passion, and everything is "buh buh" and "mmm buh" and "bwah!" He's also big into the "MMMM!!!" again, which he had abandoned during the months of ear infections.

I'm so happy and relieved that he can obviously hear better... yet I feel sad that he was hearing so poorly for so long. The ENT told us that he removed what were basially two giant "loogies" from his ears and that all he could hear before was what things sound like when you put your hands over your ears. I tried this and nearly burst into tears. Basically, everything has the Charlie Brown teacher effect.. "wahWAHwahWAHwahWAH". :( My poor baby...

But... all is well now, we're through it, his hearing is fine and we can move on to vacation! :)

Dr. Clayton rocks. ;) I'm bringing him back a pair of mouse ears from Disneyworld and writing him a "Thanks for my new ears" note from Simon. ;)

No comments: