Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Good Morning, Blogland...

Hi ho there. I am up at 5:30! Why? No Simon-related reason! I just. couldn't. sleep. I was also up at 5a.m. yesterday and will likely be up at 5a.m. tomorrow.

This week has just been so incredibly anxiety ridden... first with the surgery, then with worrying whether or not we were going to get The Worst Stomach Virus Ever (my mom is STILL sick). I have worried myself into a constant state of nausea and knots in my stomach though I think it's fairly safe to say at this point that I'm not sick. I hate that my head has that much power over how I feel!

Now I think I'm mostly just worried about the last of the packing and getting to and through the airport and to Florida. For some reason, the getting through the airport launches my blood pressure into overdrive and I can't relax at all until I'm sitting at the gate (usually 2 hours early!!).

Then of course, there are remnants of my flying phobia that surface here and there. I'm not afraid to fly anymore, but I still wouldn't say it's my favorite way to spend 2-1/2 hours on a Friday morning. Throw the welfare of my children into the mix and there's a whole other level of anxiety that I'm sure won't ease until the plane is safely in the air. (for some reason, I'm generally pretty relaxed about the whole thing after that)

So yeah.... that all adds up to I'm WIDE awake. (sigh)

So... what are you all doing this lovely morning?

No comments: