Ben is still coughing like he has the plague and also has a slight fever. This bug is pretty tenacious, huh? Of course, he didn't want to go to school today. (I was pushing it before I took his temp) So home again, we are. Just sitting around staring at each other and watching tv.
Simon had 102.8 temp at 2a.m. but nothing now that the Motrin is circulating again. He also has the cough and runny nose.
Send prayers for my sanity... and my immune system. I CAN'T be out of commission for the four days or so it seems to take this bug to ease up.
On a lighter note, I was toting Simon around in the hip carrier this morning while I cleaned up the kitchen... I was wiping down the waffle iron, which was still warm and he reached out to touch it. I said, "No no... that's HOT." He looked at me, looked back at the waffle iron, and said "Hhhhahhhh". I dunno... I'm so skeptical with babies and words... we swore Ben said "Taylor" (his uncle) at 11 months...and then held our breath waiting for more words... turned out to be almost a year before he actually spoke anything else intelligible.... so yeah, I'm a doubter. I'd maybe buy that he's just starting to imitate sounds he hears more (now that he CAN hear), which is still pretty cool. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment