Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Procrastinating...

I am sitting here blogging because I am taking a break from/procrastinating finishing up the packing for our vacation.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to pack for a vacation to a place where at this time of year it isn't consistently one range of temperatures? No. I am not complaining. I realize it's pretty darn awesome to be going someplace even remotely warm in the middle of January... it's just that it makes the packing very very complicated.

We have gone to Florida in January before and it has been literally, FREEZING... as in, icicles hanging from the orange trees. And then we've gone when it has been as warm as the beginning of summer here in Baltimore. It could also potentially be fall'ish, early spring'ish, mid-summerish or ALL OF THE ABOVE. And the evenings and mornings there in January are generally nippy enough for at least jackets and long pants.

So far, I have only started packing for the boys. The suitcase is jammed with every possible outfit weather combination. It's complicated by the fact that I don't really know what of Ben's first-year warm weather stuff is actually going to fit Simon... most looks a bit too big, but it will have to work! I WAS amused to find that a pair of shorts (Target Cisco Brand size 12 months) that Ben wore as recently as early last summer, fit Simon. Granted, they are a tad long, but they fit where it counts, around the waist! ;) So at least I didn't need to run out to Old Navy and buy him shorts, which was my original plan.

Like I said, I haven't even started packing for myself. Tom's on his own, thank goodness. Plus, I haven't started packing any day-to-day stuff -- diapers, toiletries, yada yada blah blah blah... or carryon bags for the boys... so much to do. :(

So yeah, I'm blogging instead. ;)

No comments: