Remember I blogged about wanting to get these cute booksabout a week ago? Well, I found them for supercheap on half.com and got all three.
Ben already LOVES "Before You Were Big". He calls it the book about "mommy and her two boys". ;) I can't get through it without choking up... seriously, we have read it outloud four times or so and everytime I read it, I start to cry.
I thought THAT was pretty bad, until "My Firstborn, There's No One Like You" came two days ago and I read that one. Good lord, I am the biggest sap. But seriously, some of it describes Ben and how I feel about him almost to a tee... I mean, here, read this: (it's one of my favorite parts)
----------------------------
"The truth is," Mama Bear said as she turned the page, "sometimes you were downright persnickety! Everything had to be just the way you wanted it. When you were a baby cub, you had to be rocked a certain way. Then you had to brush your teeth with a green toothbrush, but you would drink only from a blue cup. At bedtime, you had to have the door opened exactly halfway, and when we tucked you in, the quilt had to be over your shoulders but not touching your chin."
Firstborn Cub giggled. "That was silly."
Mama Bear laughed. "And when you ate spaghetti, the sauce couldn't touch the noodles. You made me take the crusts off your honey and peanut butter sandwiches. YOu were unhappy if your socks weren't on straight or a shirt tag was rubbing your neck. You were quite a bit of work, as I recall."
"Does that mean you love the other cubs the best?"
"Well, let's see..."
"I don't think I've ever done anything as hard as dropping you off at school the first day," Mama Bear said. "I wasn't ready to watch you go, but you marched into the classroom like a brave soldier. That's when I realized my little firstborn wasn't so little anymore."
Firstborn Cub nodded. "I remember that day."
"I'm sure you do! You immediately liked your teacher and found a playmate. RIght away you discovered books would be some of your closest friends. And back home, even though your brother and sister were still there with me, the den seemed extra empty that day. I kept watching the clock. I could hardly wait until you came home."
--------------------------------------
(sob!) I haven't delved too far into "My Youngest" yet, but I'm sure it has just as many tearjerkers in store... yikes! I didn't order the middle child one yet since well, I don't have one of those yet and there are no guarantees! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment