This morning, I had to take the boy to the pediatrician at 10a.m. for his second flu shot. Normally this would work really well with his nap schedule, but Benjamin always manages to move things around on me on the days I work things around his napping.
Getting ready to leave for the doctor, I backed into my neighbors car... well, one of his 12 cars. Frankly, it serves him right because he illegally sells cars from his home and always parks them right behind me so I can't get out. It was bound to happen. I pulled up next to the car but couldn't see any damage. Figured I'd check it out more thoroughly when I got home.
Arriving at the doctor's office, Ben is asleep, of course. Wonderful. I get out of my car to see if there's any damage to MY car from the backing up incident. I find some scuffing and a small scratch on my back bumper. Looks like maybe my car vs. his tire? Now what do I do? I have to get a better look at his car to see if I did anything to it! :( I would have left him a note when it happened, but I was in a hurry to get to the doctor's office.
At the doctor's office, the scary nurse is working. I am literally terrified of her... instead of just giving Ben his shot like the other nurse would have, she made us sit in the exam room forever and wait for the doctor. Ben = NOT HAPPY.
The doctor enters and instead of just giving Ben his flu shot, decides it's time for a mini checkup. So I have to strip him. The boy immediately starts to scream. Mommy = very flustered.
In my rush to get him dressed, calmed down and OUT of there, we managed to leave behind his favorite book. So I have to call on the way home to get the evil nurse to put is aside for me to pick up next week. Nurse = annoyed.
I arrive home and the neighbor's car isn't there anymore. Ugh. NOW what?
Also, despite only taking a 15 minute car nap on the way to the doctor, Benjamin seems to have ZERO interest in napping today. Oh, and he's all pissy because he NEEDS to nap. Yay.
No comments:
Post a Comment