Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2004

God Whipped Me Up a Little Dose of Empathy...

Okay, so empathy generally isn't a problem for me, I usually have too much of it. Ask my husband. He'll tell you how often I project feelings onto inanimate objects. Christmas is a rough time for me because I get to feeling very sorry for the Christmas trees that people don't pick that are left to die on the Christmas tree lots.

Um yeah. Where was I?

Uhh... empathy, right.

Anyway, so this little cold here has knocked me on my patookus. (any of my Polish friends know if I spelled that right?) Hence the reason I am wide awake at 1:53 a.m. when the boy is sleeping peacefully. I can't breathe and my throat is all scratchy. ::whine:: My poor BABY has had this since FRIDAY! And his nose is like a thousand times smaller than mine! I can't believe he felt this awful all those days. No WONDER the poor little guy screamed even when he was in my arms. :( I feel like pulling him out of his crib and just rocking him and telling him I wish I had felt sorrier for him when his nose was all runny and goopy. Not to downplay the care I gave him. Don't get me wrong, the kiddo got lots of cuddles and extra love... I just didn't understand quite how BAD he must have been feeling -- until. right. now.

::sniffle::

No comments: