I lost my keys sometime yesterday. I was all in a tizzy this afternoon because I couldn't find them and my brother-in-law couldn't find them at HIS house and had already looked all over mine. House keys, mailbox key, very difficult to replace car key/remote thingy and all my grocery store savings thingamabobs. I went so far as to go to Home Depot and buy a new lock set for the front door. I quickly discovered that installing a lock is not as easy as it seems it should be and was in the middle of putting back the old one when I looked up and saw four people standing around my car. One of them opened my trunk. Uh... took me a minute to realize what this meant.
Then I went running outside and practically hugged the guy who was standing there with my trunk open.
"Ahhhhhhh!! Did you find my keys??!"
They turned out to be my neighbors from a few houses down. They had found the keys several blocks away at the intersection of where my neighborhood starts and the major crossroad. They had been wandering the neighborhood trying to open all the Volkswagens they saw. Ah yes, we all had a good laugh. They were sad that their game was over but happy to have found the owner of the keys. ;)
The keys being lost in the first place is Ben's fault and here's why. See, whenever I put him in his carseat, I put my keys on TOP of the car so I can't possibly lock him in and myself OUT. The kink in my system happens when Tom is driving but I have my keys with me anyway and I still put them on top of the car out of habit. I don't need them to START the car and so ... on top of the car they stay... until they fall off at the end of the street. Yes, this has happened before.
D'oh.
No comments:
Post a Comment