Okay, yeeeeeeah, so we're pretty sure it's "just" teething now. Unfortunately, this "just" teething means I have the equivalent of a colicky 6-week-old on my hands. Yowzah. It seems that in this house, we can escape no part of the baby adventure peacefully. Earlier tonight, I was seriously rethinking the whole idea of any more offspring. Forget the trials and tribulations of pregnancy and labor. Pshhah. That was a cakewalk. It's the actual mommying that's bringing me to my knees.
I don't even think the boy screamed THIS much the first night we brought him home from the hospital and switched his formula on him. (dumb parental moment there)
I guess all the misery means there's stuff happening though because both pearly white top teeth have made significant progress just since yesterday-- major dental action going on in that little mouth.
In happy baby news, when he's not screaming his head off, he is babbling up a storm all of a sudden. I'm listening to him chat away right now on the baby monitor. He is supposed to be going to bed, but it sounds like he's having more fun listening to himself talk.
:: sigh ::
He's either Bubbly Ben or Evil Screamy Pants Ben. There is no middle ground these days. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment