... the spinning monkey on the top of his Fisher Price Dancin' Bandstand.
No, but seriously... he did accompany me to the polls this afternoon and he is now proudly wearing my "I Voted" sticker. ;) I wasn't really excited about the election until today. And actually, I'm only excited for the entertainment value. It'll be fun to curl up with some popcorn tonight and watch the returns come in. I AM leaning toward one of the candidates a lot more than the other... at any rate, it will be fun to watch.
Busy day. Tired boy. He had just settled in for his late afternoon nap when our Girl Scout woke him up...AGAIN. (she woke up him up the LAST time she knocked on the door which is when I got myself $14 in the hole with four boxes of cookies) I finally got him back to sleep and stashed the cookies in the freezer. Nope. Not touching them until the Halloween candy is gone, at least.
We're still recovering from daylight savings time over here. Today is the first day the Boy has gotten back on some semblence of his normal nap schedule.
I've started my Christmas shopping. I'm usually much more on the ball with this, but this year I can't figure out what to get anyone.
I have also continued my EBay shopping spree. I've scored three more outfits for a total of like... um... $5.50 or something ridiculous. I also found a pair of my favorite jeans new with tags for $7.99! Ack! I am becoming such a cheapskate in my old age.
I think that's all for today. If you haven't voted, go do it! Over and out.. :)
OH, and by popular demand, here is the recipe for tater tot casserole:
1 lb ground beef or turkey
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 can condensed 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
1 can condensed 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 cup frozed cut green beans, thawed and drained
1 (16-oz) pkg. frozed potato nuggets
1. Heat oven to 375. In large saucepain, brown beef, onions and celery until beef is thoroughly cooked. Drain well.
2. Stir in soups, garlic powder, pepper and green beans. Spoon into ungreased 2-quart casserold; top with potato nuggets.
3. Bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and potato nuggets are golden brown.
No comments:
Post a Comment