Despite having read every book there is to read on the topics and drilling all of my mommy friends about their experiences, there have still been several times along this whole pregnancy, childbirth, baby journey where I've been like, "Hey, wait... no one told me about THAT!"
Like...
* No one ever told me when I was first pregnant I'd want to eat three breakfasts, two lunches and a dinner for a family of four.
* No one ever told me that some people throw up the whole damn nine months.
* No one ever told me that the "just some pressure" you'll feel with an epidural actually feels a jumbo grapefruit is stuck in your butt and needs to come out PRONTO.
* No one ever told me that the after-childbirth swelling could reach elephant man proportions.
* No one ever told me that milk coming in would make labor seem like a walk in the park and that I'd want to lay down and die except that I couldn't because laying down hurt too much.
my list goes on... but the most recent addition is this...
* No one ever told me babies can eventually give up napping altogether.
What's with this? Who's in charge? They need to make these things more clear! This is all a reproductive conspiracy.
About the napping thing, just when we were in a great groove...a nice two-hour 10:30 nap followed by a nice 1.5 hour 2:30 nap. Then *BAM* out of nowhere he doesn't want to take the 2:30 one anymore which means I have non-stop, unrelenting Ben time from noon to 7p.m.
Yeah. Not cool.
I consulted the new mommy Bible this evening about naps. Sure enough, there it is, right there on page 425 (The Ninth Month): "Though one nap a day may not be enough for the exhausted parents, it is all many babies need as they approach their first birthday. A few babies even try to give up both naps at this time."
One nap?!
NO naps?!
If I just read along month by month like I was supposed to, I wouldn't have known about this phenomenon for another month!! See? Conspiracy.
I wonder what else no one has told me. Would anyone like to share? Come on, I know you been there done that moms are holding out on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment