I don't think we've had a night quite as bad as last night since oh... Ben was about two months old. There was much screaming. Yes, I checked for a fever, but he was fine. He was mostly just peeved that I wouldn't let him out of the crib at 3a.m. to play. No WAY am I starting THAT! So I was up from about 3-4:30 with Ben screaming straight through that whole time ... he screamed even if I held him. So I alternated between letting him scream in the crib and holding him so I wouldn't go completely insane and leave him on the neighbor's doorstep or something. Many a bad word was muttered under my breath.
T'was a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad night.
I often wonder if I need to more firm with him or if he's still too young. Not just with the sleeping thing, but with every day things. He can make such a fuss about certain things that I give in just for some peace and I'm afraid I'm going to create a discipline problem for myself down the line. For instance, when Tom and I eat dinner, he sits in the highchair and munches on a Zweiback or plays with some toys. But we'll give him pretty much anything he wants just to get a moment's piece to eat dinner. Eventually he gets fed up with being in the chair and one of us caves and takes him out. Is this reasonable at this point or should I be making him sit there through dinner and on our terms, not his? Thoughts?
:: sigh ::
We have an appointment at Picture People today at 1:30. I hope Benjamin cooporates and I hope we get decent pictures. I think we'll probably get the family pictures taken at Sears or Penny's. I've been doing some research and they have some good deals. (and nicer backgrounds)
The boy is napping now, so I'm off to get myself together and get a few things done before all heck breaks loose around here again when he wakes up. :\ Today is not one of the days where I am particularly enjoying my mommy job. Gr.
No comments:
Post a Comment