Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I Knew it Was Too Good to Be True...

Yeah. Like I thought, the great sleeping from the night before was a fluke. :: sigh :: Last night was one of the worst nights we've had in a long time.

7:30 Bed
9:30 Fussed, needed binky
10:30 Woke up screaming his head off, which he rarely does... he was screaming so loud, it was scary. I checked for fever, nothing. Could be the six teeth that are coming in, but they really haven't bothered him yet... dosed him up with Tylenol anyway. Screamed one more time after the Tylenol then scrunched his body up and farted. Went back to sleep. Wonderful.

2:30 Tossing and turning and making little fussy sounds

2:45 Rocked him back to sleep.

3:30 Wakes up for his bottle, goes back to sleep in bed with us until 4:30.

4:30 Started with the screaming again... just as scary. I checked for fever again... gave him some more Tylenol. Rocked him while he screamed intermittently UNTIL... he scrunched up his body and farted again. TWICE. Okay, I get it now. It's gas. But why?

5:00 Up to play with Tom.

The gas thing is a total mystery to me. He hasn't had that problem in forever. I racked my brain about what he ate yesterday, but it was nothing out of the ordinary: some oatmeal, some Gerber apricots, peas, bananas, turkey and applesauce... couple of Cheerios and some grape juice in there too. :: shrug :: I have no clue.

Oh well. Maybe tonight we'll be better. We're used to taking it one night at a time here anyway.

Today Benjamin and I are going over to my old office to help celebrate Amy's birthday. Pictures later? Of course. ;)

No comments: