Thanks to some high blood pressure and some uh... birth trauma, Dr. Fitzpatrick and I pretty much had standing Monday afternoon get-togethers for several months even after Ben was born -- I was there so often I had the chance to read every magazine in the exam room twice and to memorize the list of birth control options and the labor progression diagram. Oy.
Of course, if you have been reading my blog since I was pregnant, you may remember classic posts centered around the hijinx of my always fun-filled prenatal appointments. Posts like this one, this one or perhaps this one.Oh, and I almost forgot this one, which includes my thoughts about the evil membrane-stripping move for which I have still not entirely forgiven her. (shudder) Ohmahgah, the PAIN that lady inflicted upon me that day... And yet, I still think she's great.
Sadly, she's not practicing OB anymore (which is how she has time for lunch) thanks to the current insurance crisis. It figures that I finally find a doctor I absolutely like and feel comfortable with and this happens. Argh argh argh. No clue what I'm going to do next time around ... I think I'm still in denial.
Ah, but I digress... Anyway, so lunch was Amanda's idea to say thank you for taking such good care of us those nine (ten) months. And as it turned out, her idea was a good one.
We had fun and got some great pictures of Dr. Fitzpatrick with our healthy, happy kiddos who are among her "last crop." Here are two of my favorites! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment