Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2004

A Little Help, Mom?

I've noticed something about my son...

Sometimes he needs a little help settling down. It's always obvious when he's tired. He rubs his eyes and sometimes they start to close and his head sort of bobs around. But he'll fight it. If he senses he might be missing something fun or if a neat toy catches his eye, he'll fight like CRAZY not to sleep.

I just put him in his crib for his morning nap. When I took him upstairs he was pretty much passed out in my arms. When I came back downstairs, I heard some bumping around on the baby monitor and the distinct sound (that I have come to dread) of the binky being thrown out of the crib. (he pulls it out when he's trying not to fall asleep...)

So I went upstairs and he had turned around in the crib and was playing with a few toys that I keep at the opposite end for when I take showers, or need to pen him up for a few minutes. First I took out all the toys... then I hunted around under the crib for the rejected binky, extracted the boy and his beloved froggie blanket and rocked him for a couple minutes.

Out like a light. So he WAS tired. He just needed some help settling down.

I will go on record right now as saying that I imagine this is a role I will serve in one way or another throughout his entire childhood... helping him settle down that is. He never EVER stops moving... Fun kid. But exHAUSTING.
~o~

No comments: