Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2004

We're Just Gonna Call it Sleeping Through the Night And Leave it at That...

When I was talking to my friend Jen the other day about babies sleeping through the night, she said that they still counted it when Ryan was waking up to eat because he'd go right back to sleep.

Well all right then! That lowers my standards a little! :)

So Benjamin has this week adopted a rather reasonable nighttime schedule that Tom and I seem to be able to live with and feel rested. He goes to bed around 7:30, eats at midnight (in his sleep), sleeps until 4:30, eats again (in his sleep) and sleeps until 5:30 or 6:00. This works. The feedings only take about 10 minutes and then we're all snuggled back in our respective beds/cribs again.

All you mommies whose babies are sleeping 12-14 at a stretch, I do envy you... okay, I envy you a LOT. But this is the best we're going to get for now over here, I think.

So there we go. All official for the baby book. He's sleeping through the night. ;)

No comments: