Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2004

Uncharted Territory...

I don't get to see Benjamin around other babies his age very often... he's not in daycare, so he's never in a group of babies and my friend Jen's baby Ryan is seven months older, so it's hard to compare...

For this reason, I never really REALIZED until yesterday when Ben was with Hannah all day just how um... ACTIVE he is. Next to Hannah (who sits politely and doesn't grab peoples' hair or food or whatever else is in reach and doesn't contort herself in nearly humanly impossible ways to get out of your arms), Ben looks like I slipped caffeine pills into his oatmeal.

I can't help thinking this is totally unfair. Other moms have it WAY easier and I didn't even KNOW this until yesterday.

Yeah, in some ways it's great and he's a lot of fun because he's always on the move, but in other ways... well, let's just say I'm dreading having the child no one wants at their house.

At the moment he's practically doing circles around the living room. He's pulled out almost all of the cd's within reach and now he's working his way around the dining room table. He has also discovered he can go THROUGH the exersaucer, which I must say was amusing to watch. I'll bet you are thinking, "Oh great, she's going to post another picture." You'd be right...

No comments: