I'm working on my list for what to pack for the wedding we're going to this weekend.
Much to the chagrin of the bride I am sure, we're bringing the boy, which means packing is even more fun. Pack and play, booster seat, clothes clothes and more clothes, diapers, food, formula, bottles... the list goes on. I'm all in a tizzy thinking I am going to forget something crucial. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when I have to pack for the week-long trip we're taking in March. Plus, he'll be almost a year old and thus much harder to just "drag along for the ride," I'm sure. Mental note to ask Jen what it's like to take Ryan on trips these days. Isn't it cool how we can all learn from each other since we're all at various stages of this mommy game?
Back to us bringing the boy to the wedding. I have done such a 180 on this particular issue. I would have seethed for DAYS over someone insisting on bringing their 6-month-old to my wedding. (actually, come to think of it, several people did, and I did... seethe that is... did a lot of seething over the wedding, actually). Anyway, yeah, so now I'm the one with the baby, swearing up and down to the bride that he'll be quiet during the ceremony and thinking about how we'll have to leave early from the reception to get him to bed... heh. Interesting how your point of view changes over time...
No comments:
Post a Comment