Search This Blog

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Dear God, Please Please Please...

... give my next child the sleep gene.

I think I've been very patient with this whole sleeping through the night thing. I've resigned myself to waking up at 3:30 and giving Ben a bottle and this has worked out fine... except for the nights when things go awry for no particular reason.

I had a minor meltdown last night around 2a.m. when Benjamin woke up for the 87th time since midnight. I think there may have been pillow throwing and yelling (at the air, not the baby)... this little tantrum may or may not have contributed to him becoming full blown wide awake until 3:30. We don't have any idea why, but he was waking up oh, about every 15 minutes, rolling over and whining (not crying mind you, WHINING). Or maybe he was rolling over, THEN waking up and whining. Either way, it was frustrating.

I just ordered a book people keep recommending called "The No Cry Sleep Solution." I'll keep you posted on how it goes. As I've mentioned before, it's not GETTING him to sleep initially that is the problem, it's keeping him asleep.
:: yawn ::

So at 2a.m., he was seeming like Rosemary's Baby to me but right now, he's the sweetest thing ever. He's sound asleep, all angelic-looking in our bed next to Tom, who is watching some Saturday morning tv. Here, look:


All is right with the world. (for now)

No comments: