Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2004

This is SO Frustrating

Today, my doctor decided to be non-commital again. :: sigh ::

She sent me for an ultrasound and a bloodtest. The ultrasound was to confirm the baby's size and age in case induction is necessary. He is currently 7 pounds, 2 ounces and measuring 37 weeks and 4 days. This apparently doesn't mean he's really only 37 weeks, it just means he's a little guy. I don't really know what the bloodwork was for, but I gathered that it had something to do with seeing how bad the pre-eclampsia has gotten?

I have yet another doctor's appointment on Wednesday at 12:45. Then, she said, based on the results of the tests, she'll decide whether to induce that day or whether we need to induce at all (what?!), in which case, we'll be waiting this one out, it sounds like.

She added a little "twist" to my exam today that's supposed to hurry things along a bit. It hurt like heck and, so far, it's just caused me some mild discomfort. But I've been reading that it can take 24-48 hours to kick in after the procedure.

And the waiting continues ...

No comments: