Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2003

Doctor's Appointment...

I had yet another fun-filled doctor's appointment today.

Everytime I go, I say to the girl who takes my blood pressure: "It's going to be high, it always is when I'm here." Everytime she takes it, it's high. So today she takes it, surprise, it's high. I get into the examining room and the doctor comes in and says "You're blood pressure's a little high." I told her I know this, that we've had this discussion before and that this "high" blood pressure is limited to when I am in the presence of medical personnel. She laughed and asked me if the nurse weighed me BEFORE she took the blood pressure. When I said yes she said, "Oh I have GOT to tell them stop doing that. It just stresses everyone out." That was amusing.

Tomorrow I have to go have the screening for gestational diabetes. I have been dreading this since I got pregnant. They make you drink this super sugary orange stuff and then wait to see what your blood sugar will do. If it goes up and stays up, you've got gestational diabetes. I KNOW what mine will do... it's going to immediately plummet. This means I'll get spend the rest of the day with a raging headache. Ugh.

Oh, she also listened to the baby's heartrate on a different machine. This one spit out a little piece of paper with a black squiggle on it that she claims is the baby's heartbeat. It looks more like a doctor's signature to me.

Aaaaaannd.... I think that's all. My next appointment is in January and after that I have to go every two weeks! Wahoo!

No comments: