Search This Blog

Monday, December 29, 2003

Holiday Summary...

For those of you who missed my regular blogging over the holiday vacation, here's a quick summary: ;)

Christmas Eve - I finally got to wear the one dressy maternity outfit I've bought so far. And the hem I put in the pants myself stayed in ALL night. I was quite proud. We spent the evening talking politics with Tom's grandparents, or rather, I talked to Tom's brother Marc about weddings while the rest of them talked about politics. Again, I'm pretty sure English royalty came up at some point, it always manages to. I should start taking bets on Graff conversation topics. Tom's vegetable platter, though its beginning was a little shaky, was a hit... mostly with Marc. All I know is we didn't come home with any vegetables, which I was a little sad about. I like vegetables, especially when they are so conveniently cut up like that. Oh well. At some ungodly hour (no pun intended), we headed off to church.

Church was actually very nice, even if it was a small crowd. I've always enjoyed the Christmas Eve service at Tom's parents' church. As non-traditional a church fan as I am, I do like all the pretty candles and hymns for Christmas. Their current priest is really great too ... long service, but I left with a happy Christmas feeling. We got home around 11:45 or so and I crashed... in my new pajamas with clouds on them.

Christmas Morning: As has been tradition thusfar, we went to Tom's parents' house to open presents around 8:00. This is funny because they make us all go up to the top of the stairs like we're just emerging from our rooms to find Christmas has arrived! I always feel like I'm ruining this picture because exactly whose bed am I coming from at their house and from upstairs? (Tom's bedroom was always in the basement anyway). So we opened presents for awhile, got a bunch of cool stuff. This was apparently the year for DVD's, because between the six of us, there were at least 10 of them exchanged. Oh and, in keeping with what has turned into a running joke about our baby's name, Ben received a gift from "Santa" labeled To: TBG. :: sigh :: Someday they will use his name... someday. Right now, they just can't... it's okay... I understand. Kudos to Tom's brother Taylor though, who gave Ben (yes it was labeled To: Ben) a stuffed Pluto. We ate a yummy breakfast and then Tom and I headed out for some well-deserved rest and relaxation before dinner.

Christmas Night: We went to my parents' house for dinner. Dinner was delicious and there were no exploding meat thermometers this time. (don't ask.) More gifts were exchanged ... Ben got some gifts with his name on them. We played a Karaoke Playstation game, which I thought was quite cool... Tom and my brother thought otherwise and preferred watching my brother's new Southpark DVD's. At some point, I think I became delirious because all I remember is trying to play Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture DVD in the basement and then starting to cry, apparently from sheer exhaustion. After that I got to go to bed. Bed was nice. :)

The last of the holiday festivities was my friend Mandy's holiday party yesterday. Tom didn't go with me because he was on his Christmas golf outing. I told him he is coming with me no matter what next time because Mandy is starting to develop a complex about him not attending her parties. Anyway, the party was lovely, lots of yummy food. (mm! mm!) And I got to see Meg (the other preg due around the same time as me... Hi Meg! ;) I was pleased to see that her tummy just about matches mine. Last time I saw her, I was huge and she was still a stick. HAHA! We talked babies while Mandy's sister and Val, another friend from highschool, talked upcoming weddings. We're all so busy these days!

So that's it. The short version of our last pre-baby holiday. :) I am SO glad it's over. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

No comments: