Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Constant Kicking and Other Things...

Benjamin has been SUPER active for the last three days. And I haven't even had any caffeine in weeks! At times, it feels like he's laying sideways because I feel kicks/punches on both sides of my tummy. Last night, I was poking around ("tapping on the glass") and I felt something really, really hard. I made Tom feel it too. We decided it was either a butt or a head and since it might be his head, Tom determined that we'd better stop poking at it.

Only 13 more weeks until we get to meet him! (maybe even one or two weeks less than that if I'm lucky.) I'm a little wary about packing that emergency hospital bag just yet because that makes it all a little too real. I should though... women on my March 2005 Expecting message board have been having their babies left and right! It's still way too early for Ben to come though. I saw a 27-week baby born on the Discovery channel last night and it was REALLY small and skinny. Ben needs time to fatten up.

I, on the other hand, am ready to STOP fattening up. I'm up about 26 pounds now. I know it will go away quickly after the baby's born (I HOPE)... but it's really unnerving to see the scale go that much higher than it has EVER been. I'm hoping that all this healthy pregnancy eating will pay off in the weight department after March. I guess we'll see.

One last rambling thought... I was looking at Ben's christening outfit last night and it's 0 - 6 months... so it's SMALL. I was hoping to do the christening in early fall, but I think he will have grown out of it by then. So now I'm thinking July or August. Hopefully that gives everyone enough time to recover from the baby shower, Josh and Jen's wedding shower the birth, and Josh and Jen's wedding in May... since a lot of the same people are involved in all of those events. :\ Ugh. So much going on these days!

No comments: