Ben was chatting away in the backseat of the car yesterday and said something about one of his friends telling him that school is giving out Target giftcards for kids who do their best on the MSA testing they are doing the next couple weeks.
I didn't really pay any attention to it and chalked it up to third grade silliness.
Then I got the email from the reading teacher this afternoon:
"We will not have homework this week due to the MSA testing that will occur on Wednesday and Thursday. Hopefully, they will use the extra time to get their "wiggles" out and get some extra sleep!
Reminders:
Don't forget to turn in February Book Logs in by TUESDAY to get a Pizza Hut certificate!
Get extra sleep and eat a good breakfast this week and next week.
Pray it doesn't snow, we want to get this test DONE and get back to our regular program!
The kids will have extra recess this week, no homework, and have a chance to earn gift cards by doing their best during testing."
Seriously?
SERIOUSLY! What the HECK? How does that even work?
I emailed a teacher friend at another school and she said their kids are getting pencils. LOL. That's a little more like it.
Target gift cards? Can *I* come take the test? Sheesh.
No comments:
Post a Comment