Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Potty Countdown...

The way I figure it I have five, six months MAX left of diapers being in my life. I could not be happier about this countdown.

Jonathan has approximately zero interest in the potty though, currently. I ask half-heartedly every so often.

For the last few weeks, he has woken up completely dry every morning... which tells me the time of readiness is fast approaching and I can't avoid it for much longer.

"Hey, you want to sit on the potty?!" I ask on these days, enthusiastically selling the benefits of being like big brothers and getting to flush! OH how he loves to flush. And flush. And flush. And Flush.  Bye, bye gallons and gallons of well water...

His answer when I ask though is generally an emphatic, "NO!"

At some point, I need to just ignore the protest and get this party started, so to speak... preferably before August. I don't want to. I hear people hire this sort of thing out now? A friend of mine is sending her son to be potty trained by his daycare lady. The daycare lady told her if she sent him in with 30 pairs of underwear on Wednesday, she'd have him potty trained by Thursday.

Where do I sign up?

Kidding... it's a rite of passage. I did it with the other two and we'll get through it together. I just... oh how I hate that stage where you have 5.5 seconds to find a bathroom in whatever store you are in or ELSE.

As I type this, he is, in fact, sitting on the potty...happily flushing away and talking about pee pee and poo poo,  so maybe we're making some mental progress. Or maybe he just likes flushing.

Sigh.

No comments: