Jonathan had some kind of brain re-wiring overnight four days ago that seems to have left him a different child. He has taken the verbosity to a whole new level, now saying things are "my favorite" that he "loves them!" and comparing things to other things and asking people questions about themselves and inviting people into his play. He's happy ALL day long, taking great naps, sleeping great at night, hugging, kissing and snuggling constantly. "Mommy, please read dis book to me. It's my FAVORITE." The sweetness is unbearable. It's also downright WEIRD. He's always been silly and affectionate, but with a healthy dose of crankiness to keep us on our toes.
I thought it was my imagination until Miss Cindy showed up today to work with him and wondered aloud who this child was and where Jonathan went. LOL.
So there's that.
Then, I was driving the boys home from school today and, while sitting at the red light, I realized the silence in the car was deafening. I turned around and Simon was just leaning his head on the window, staring off into space. (Ben's usually fairly quiet on the ride home, but SImon chats up a storm)
I briefly thought perhaps he had choked on the candy treat from school that he had been eating and I had a moment of total panic. But when I called his name he picked his head up. "You okay, buddy?"
He said quietly that his head hurt, his cheek hurt because he had bitten it and his knee, where he skinned it yesterday also hurt. Overall just NOT his chipper Simon self. Not usually a complainer, that one.
I am fully aware of a stomach virus epidemic at school right now so to say I am on red alert tonight would be an understatement. He got into jammies right away when we got home, spent the next hour or so in bed playing Minecraft, didn't want dinner... but then, a little while ago, he came down and said he was hungry and had a bowl of oatmeal and a banana... sooooo... hopefully he was just tired or something. Gosh, I hope so.
As for Ben? He's just in a easy phase at the moment. This changes from week to week lately, but he seems happy. Is doing what he's supposed to do in school, isn't complaining about going and is bringing home what he needs. So... I guess all is well there.
The snow thing is looking more and more likely... like LOTS of snow. Bleh. And with 40-mile-an-hour winds it doesn't even sound like it will be fun to play in! Yick. Spring needs to come SOON.
No comments:
Post a Comment