Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Busted!

Simon brings home all this artwork that is, frankly, pretty awesome. A couple pieces I have even set aside to use year after year for seasonal decoration and there are some things I have actually been planning to frame.

I just put this one up on the pantry door two days ago. Now, admittedly, I initially thought it was a cute little dog (It was the ears! The EARS, people!!) and had filed it away in his keepsake folder. Then he asked me if I liked his picture of the Easter bunny.

Oops.

Yes, bunny... definitely a bunny. "I LOVE your bunny!!!"

"Yeah, see the carrots, mommy? That's how you know it's a bunny."

DUH.

So it went on the artwork door for spring!

Last night, my sister-in-law posted this piece of artwork my niece brought home...

Hm.....

Hmm....

I think it's safe to say now that the kids are looking at a picture and copying it, huh? 

I texted Simon's to my sister-in-law and she was surprised too. Then she asked, "Did he bring home a duck last week?"

Why yes... he did, in fact, bring home a duck. And I thought it was AWESOME.  



LOL! Am I the only one who didn't realize that's what was going on? The art teacher is tricky and amazing!  She makes kindergarten art look GOOOOOD.  ;)

2 comments:

Erika said...

Your niece is quite talented! I think mine would look more like Simon's. ;) (But I think he's totally right on track with his age - I love kindergarten drawings.)

Erin said...

My niece is such an artist! She was drawing perfect stick people with faces when she was Jonathan's age. It's kind of amazing! Definitely has an art gene!!