First off, it's quick and easy.
Secondly, I know I can be a giant pain in the butt to teachers via email (and I am... I SO really, really am...), but my maximum pain in the butt potential via email HAS to be way lower than my maximum pain in the butt potential if I could only talk to them in person. Right? Sure.
So, anyway, I mentioned in my earlier post that I emailed Ben's reading teacher yesterday because I thought she'd get a laugh out of that novel of a story he wrote (and then hid and then I found it and took a cell phone picture of it to pass around because I am an awesome mom like that....) since in his classes, he never writes more than a sentence or two for anything. EVER.
I received the following reply:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
He is a trip!
I wish he would give me his writing!!! I know it is in him, always have...just trying to get it out of him! :-) -----------------------------------------------------------------------
To which I shot off:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Btw, don't know when he wrote that, but I think it was in your class. Goodness only knows what he was SUPPOSED to be doing. Lol.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I kind of figured that was the end of our correspondence seeing as how we'd had our laugh at Ben's expense and all.. ;)
But then I got THIS back:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
|
Just love him!
He is working super hard today..like he is on turbo speed or something!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously, how fantastic is that? I just love this little update from her!
It really has been such a great school year for him all around.
I would be lying if I said I weren't just a little concerned about next year. He has the potential to have two male teachers for the first time EVER. (Now, I'll admit I'm saying this without knowing ANYTHING about them at all, except that they are really popular teachers, very well-liked by the students, as far as I can tell)
I'm just wondering if I'm going to get this kind of awesome communication next year from men... you know, because they're MEN... not so much as in NOT women... but as in not MOMS. I wonder if instead of funny banter, cute updates, and helpful observations, am I going to get one-word replies like I get from Tom when I email him at work? LOL.
Leave it to me to worry about something five-months ahead of time! (guess that's where Ben gets it).
I'm just wondering if I'm going to get this kind of awesome communication next year from men... you know, because they're MEN... not so much as in NOT women... but as in not MOMS. I wonder if instead of funny banter, cute updates, and helpful observations, am I going to get one-word replies like I get from Tom when I email him at work? LOL.
Leave it to me to worry about something five-months ahead of time! (guess that's where Ben gets it).
No comments:
Post a Comment