There is significant snow in the forecast for the first time all winter. (sigh)
I'm so over winter. If our whole family didn't live here, I'd be all about picking up and moving somewhere warmer... one of the Carolinas, maybe. I just can't take it. I'm cold ALL the time. I'm tired of being inside. I miss my shorts and t-shirts and flip flops. I just want to feel that warm hug that is the summer sun and swim with the kids and see our pool friends. Tired of grey skies and of being cold. Yes, it's humid and awful here sometimes in the summer... but, after years of weighing the pros and cons, I've definitely come to the conclusion that I'd rather it be warm/hot outside than freezing cold.
Anyway, so at least it's kind of an ideally timed snow, the way it looks right now anyway. It's supposed to start Tuesday night. If it actually plays out that way, I won't have to worry about Tom not leaving work early enough or having to go get the boys early from school or driving in the snow to get the boys from school at their usual time. Hopefully it will be enough to keep Tom home on Wednesday if school is cancelled, which if there is any accumulation at all, it will be because we have had no snow days this year. Doubtful though. My husband digs himself out come hell, high water, or a foot of snow. Maybe he will meet his match though in our new, more northern, snowier location. (we haven't had a good snowfall since we moved to test this out)
Guess I should dig the snowsuits out from the back of the closet... looks like winter isn't finished with us yet!
1 comment:
I'd SO love a day off and would love for it to do what they say it's going to do. A snow storm this late in the season is nice because the snow won't last long. If the kids are off, I'm staying home even if the university doesn't close. :)
But like you, yeah, I am DONE with winter. I've been soooo cold this year (my parents have a drafty house) and I'm feeling so pent up. I liked your "warm hug" analogy. I'd LOVE a warm hug right now.
Post a Comment