Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Quick Turnaround... and Getting Ready for Big Brotherdom

Holy schnikeys, the painters called and they are coming TOMORROW. Apparently, there was a cancellation. I'm excited for it to be DONE -- but not particularly excited for having a team of strange men prowling around my upstairs all day tomorrow. Oh well, we will make the best of it. They told me I can just give them a key and come and go all day... so I guess we'll make a trip to Target and Petsmart and various other places to keep ourselves busy and away from the fumes.

We've also picked out our hardwood floors for the first floor (hooray!!) and those guys are coming to measure on Tuesday. I'm hoping to get that done before Too gets here, but judging from how long Home Depot took to install our doors last year, I'm not holding my breath. House projects galore are finally coming to fruition! :)

In Benjamin news, he is starting to really get excited about the baby. He keeps asking when the baby is coming out and he has two books on the topic he's been really into lately:

Mercer Mayer: The New Baby


and

My Baby Brother is a Little Monster


No, neither one of those give anything away about the gender of Too. We're still keeping Ben in the dark along with the rest of the world... the first one is about a baby sister and the second one, a baby brother. :)

After we read the books, we talk about what he wants to teach and show the new baby. So far, most of it is Star Wars related. He especially wants to show the new baby his "Rebel Troopers". (sigh) Daddy was explaining to him today that he'll have to teach the new baby all kinds of things like how to build with blocks, how to color and how to ride a bike. He seemed excited about that, which was really cute. :) I hope he's not too disappointed during the baby's initial "lump" phase. ;)

No comments: