We have an aquarium in our basement. It's sorely overgrown and neglected, although the fish do get fed regularly. It's not really even an eyesore, since we have one of those fish that eats all the algae and whatnot. I just could use the space for other things. Other than the algae eater, there are/were three little tetras living in there too. I wanted to clean it all out, get rid of the big 20-gallon tank, put the four fish in one of those tiny little desk aquariums and put the whole thing in Benjamin's room.
Well, the tetras keep foiling my plan because they just KEEP BREEDING. Everytime I think it's safe to start ripping out the plantlife, I find baby fish. Usually only one or two of them per "batch" make it. But now we're up to SIX tetras where once there were three. I don't have the heart to kill off any pinhead sized baby fish, so when I find one, I always put the project off until they grow up. (and by then there is always another batch)
Apparently, by neglecting our fishtank, we have created the perfect freshwater breeding environment/fish love palace. Who knew?
No comments:
Post a Comment