Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2007

Ah... The Pitter Patter of Raindrops on Drywall at 7:30a.m....

Or: "My Husband (and his father) Said, "The Roof Isn't Leaking! You're Crazy, Woman!"

(and I said, "But hey, there this big water stain on the ceiling that could only have come from the attic!)

(and he said (paraphrased), "I dunno! Must just be a thing. Let's going ahead and paint over it!")

It's raining today. A lot. I'm sitting in bed and suddenly it dawns on me that the rhythmic cracking/banging sound I'm hearing I initially thought was Ben banging on something or the pipes/walls making the noise they do when hot water runs through them is ACTUALLY drops of rain falling from the roof and hitting my hallway ceiling and the beams in the attic. The very same hallway ceiling I JUST PAID TO HAVE PAINTED. I open the attic door and am immediately greeted by two drops of rain on my face. I say to myself, "Self, that rain should definitely be OUTside, NOT INside!"

And I haven't even had any coffee to make me this alert or logical!

Crapola.

Oh well, at least I got to call my husband at work and play a little "I Told You So!" That's always fun. ;)

And for my birthday present ... (oh yeah, it's my 30th birthday today, had to slip that in there somewhere you know!) ;) he's going to finally call a roofer! Woohoo! I hear there is another present coming too, but frankly, the roofer would have been enough for me... a YEAR AGO WHEN I FIRST BROUGHT IT UP!

Stay tuned for our next episode entitled:
"There's Not Water Coming Through the Dining Room Window. It's Just Your Imagination!"

...followed by other fun installments such as:

"There's No Reason the Fuse in the Kitchen Blows Twice a Day. Let's Ignore It!"

"That Lump Under the Living Room Carpet Isn't Warped Subfloor! It's Just Your Eyes Playing Tricks on You!"

"Our Windows are FINE. It's Just Freezing in Here Because It's so Cold OUTSIDE!"

"We Don't Need to Replace the Gross Tile Around Bathtub. The Water Won't Ever Leak into the Living Room Again!"

No comments: