Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2007

The Fun Continues!

** update **
Okay okay I called the doctor. SHEESH. (I was being harassed on all sides to do so). She wasn't in yet, but I got her nurse. Though she offered quite a bit of sympathy, topped off with a nice helping of words like "sweetie" and "awwww!", she said the only thing I really can do is take Tylenol for the pain and give it time to heal. She did say I could call back at 1 when the doctor is in. I'm not optimistic she'll have anything more interesting to tell me. And by the way, have I mentioned that Tylenol is SUCH the joke of pregnancy? It's practically worthless... though better than nothing, I suppose. I'm just grateful I'm not 37 weeks pregnant and due to PUSH anytime soon.

Also, yeah, I'll be getting the helmet for the tricycle. ;) Good points... good points...

---------------------

So it appears (though this has not yet been medically confirmed) that I didn't throw my back out, I cracked a rib. Truly, it just keeps getting better!

It was feeling okay yesterday, hurt like crazy in certain positions that I quickly learned to avoid, but for the most part I was able to go about life. Then, sometime last night while sleeping, I made it worse... from about 3a.m. - 7:30 a.m. I couldn't take a deep breath. Then I got out of bed and realized that walking in my normal pregnancy walk with my stomach way out and my back arched makes it feel better. Yeah, amusing, huh? So I'll be doing a lot of waddling today...

In other news, today is Benjamin's last day as a two-year-old! We're going to Mommy and Me this morning for awhile and then out to lunch at Red Robin with my mom to celebrate. :) At some point in there, I have to stop at Target to pick up his birthday present. I'd love to give it to him today since we'll probably be outside this afternoon and he could use it... but Tom would be disappointed he didn't get to see him open it. So tomorrow it is. ;) Here's a question for you.... do you get a kid a bike helmet for a tricycle? I'm leaning toward no... but then again, he'd probably love it and imagine it to be some cool Star Wars thing...

No comments: