Ahhh... Monday again.
It was a relaxing weekend with no commitments, which is always nice. Aside from a mild stomach bug it appears that Simon and I have picked up, it was the perfect weekend.
I've been making friends with my sewing machine and managed to make Ben a little pair of boxer shorts (so cute!) and have material to make several more pair. I just wish I had more time to play! Weekends are the only time I can get any uninterrupted stretches to work on things. Such is life, these days.
Ben starts school in 28 days! Can you believe that?! He's starting to mention some things he's anxious about... he brings them up randomly and gets really worked up really fast (to the point of tears) over them. It seems he's mostly afraid of being bored and made to sit still. He also is really against being forced to learn to write with a pencil. LOL. I'm sure it will all work itself out, but I think we're in for a couple really long months as he makes the adjustment and realizes what is expected of him.
Also, I learned from a been-there-done-that mom in the neighborhood that the teacher we THOUGHT was a given for him to have, actually isn't. That for kindergarten, a committee actually places the kids according to strengths seen on the little assessment they did at registration. I'm trying to relax and not stress out about it... I know whoever he gets will be the best teacher for him. It would be nice to get the teacher who lives on our street though. The waiting is killing me.
It's hot. Dreadfully hot. And the pool is not open today... so no idea how we are going to fill our time. The house is a wreck from the weekend, so I'll probably start there. Then I'm thinking it's going to be a sprinkler in the yard kinda day. And, with that, I'm off to make the bed and get the day started. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment