Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

Our Day...

THIS is what I walked into this morning after I left the boys to play while I made the beds, vacuumed and cleaned the upstairs bathrooms. It took them about a half hour to do this. Aren't they gifted?




I got them back though. They weren't allowed to play anywhere else until it was cleaned up. I am happy to report that the room is now spotless. Seriously, I am all for not interrupting kids' play by worrying about the mess... and I'm getting really good about just doing a once a day cleanup. But c'mon, what are they getting out of dumping EVERYTHING out onto the floor?

Later, we played in the pool out back. I figured it was safe because between yesterday and today, our baby birds flew the coop! I couldn't find them anywhere nearby either, so I guess their flight was successful?










Oh, and did I mention that it's oh, about 4p.m. and Simon hasn't napped yet? Yep. I think today might be the first official nap skippage day. (sigh) I'm forcing them to sit on the couch and watch Noggin for an hour so I can regain my sanity.

I can't decide if school starting is going to HELP or make my life harder. I guess we'll see...

No comments: