Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

The Cuteness That Will Never Be Captured...

Simon does so many adorable things these days that I'd love to take movies of, except that whenever I get the camera out, he stops what he's doing and chases me down for it. "I take a peeshur!! I take a peeshur! Me hold it!!!" And then he screams when I won't give it to him.

The following is a list of cute things I'd like to get on video these days:

* Reading his books. He has a good number of our regular bedtime reads memorized and hearing him spout them off while turning the pages is hysterical. My favorite is when he does "It's Time for Bed"... He can't ever remember that the insect is a bee, so his version just goes, "It's time for bed little bug, little bug." Makes me laugh every time. He also loves this book called "Hungry Bunny" that is kind of a Hungry Catterpillar ripoff... but in it is a whole huge list of things 1-20 that the bunny eats. Some of the pictures, he can't remember the names of... he'll pause and then make something up. My favorites are "balls" and "dots" and "lines"(apricots, blueberries and green beans). Yet, somehow, he always remembers the 20 rutabagas.

* Dancing. The kid dances up a storm. He wiggles his butt and shakes his head and stomps all over the place. It's awesome.

* Wearing Ben's costumes. He'll routinely dive into the costume closet now and request to put something on. My personal favorite is when he gets one of the various Star Wars helmets. He looks like a neckless, midget stormtrooper.

* The pirate impersonation

* The poop dance, although, I have officially lost my chance to capture this one... :(

* The silly voices he does

* Wearing the superman pajamas and running around the upstairs calling himself "Superbaby to the rescue!"

* Hitting a baseball, something he has gotten pretty good at recently!

So yeah... I'd love to capture it all, but I have to figure out a way to disguise my camera. LOL! He's at a really fun age these days and is just HILARIOUS!

No comments: