* Fourth baby bird hatched! :D Yay! Mama and Papa bird spent the entire day yesterday flying back and forth with worms. I was doing some reading about robins and apparently, the parents will make up to 400 trips a DAY to feed the babies. And I thought feeding MY kids was a lot of work!
* Simon has taken to describing everything as "very very" whatever... the Jello last night was "Very very orange!" and "Very very sticky!" His hands afterward were "very very dirty!" LOL! It's amusing.
* No mice caught yet, but evidence they have enjoyed the peanut butter bounty they found on the glue trap behind our couch. GRRR!! Tom put the PB too close the edge. Tonight, I'm thinking a trap w PB in the middle, surrounded by empty traps on all sides. I am VERY glad I do not have a baby that requires middle of the night feeding. I would be afraid I'd toss the baby in the air when the mouse inevitably made its appearance in front of me at 2a.m. (shudder)
* Simon treated everyone at the pool yesterday to his frantic poop dance. It went on for a good half hour, if not longer. Any tips on getting him to do this on the potty would be greatly appreciated. I have tried the trick that worked with Ben (the little potty seat on the floor was all it took) and had no luck. I have also tried running him to the potty mid poop to force it to happen in the potty and hopefully get him over the fear... no luck there either. I have held him on the potty when I knew it was imminent, hoping nature would take over, but that only makes him upset. I *do* know that he's not going to get over it until it happens ON the potty a handful of times... it's just getting that to happen at all that seems to be tricky. For the record, I have also tried bribery, but this child, unlike my other one, doesn't really respond to bribery. Truly, I am more than happy to let him be halfway pt'ed and poop in a diaper as long as he needs it, but he won't even do that anymore. HELP! HELP! HELP!
* Not much new to report in Ben-land. He spends most of his days building Legos when we are home. To amuse myself, since he never likes the Lego creations I make, I sit in his room and sort Legos by color. This is actually rather enjoyable. ;) He informed me two days ago that he is very tired of people talking to him about kindergarten. His friend Ryan, a kindergarten verteran, was a big help the other day when he told Ben that his favorite part of Kindergarten was recess and gym. After that conversation, I think Ben FINALLY believes us that he won't have to sit still and write with a pencil all day, which is his biggest fear right now. He's definitely reached a point of being resigned to the inevitable.
* It's ridiculous that people on Ebay want $85 for a Star Wars Lego guy. (Jango Fett) It figures it's the only one Ben really really really wants right now. ... I was hoping to score an early Christmas gift for him, but the prices are just nuts. I was thinking maybe $10? LOL. Stupid price gougers. And stupid Lego for releasing the ONLY set with that character and then not making it anymore after it only being out a month.
No comments:
Post a Comment