Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bullets...

* The kids and I didn't leave the house yesterday. No reason to and I figured those kinds of days are going to be few and far between all too soon. They were perfectly happy to just dress up in costumes, play Legos, and read books. I took advantage of the down time to houseclean my upstairs. It's nice to have one floor absolutely spotless. I even cleaned out the closets and drawers and filled up the donation bin for the Goodwill.

* I've been enlisted to do a web project for the preschool that is so far over my head it's not even funny. I was totally up front about HOW over my head it was, but said I'd be happy to give it a whirl. They took those words and ran with them. I figured out a workaround that mostly suits my purposes and actually works reasonably well, but I'm so scared they are going to launch it with the start of school and it's not going to work right or the parents will revolt. (It's an online signup for the school's lunch/extended day program) Yikes.

* Ben has a dentist appointment AND a haircut this week. Apparently, I am a glutton for punishment.

* This is my new favorite easy go-to recipe. I generally half it and it's plenty for Tom and I and for him to take to work the next day. It would be plenty for the kids to eat too, if they'd actually eat ground turkey/beef. But they don't. So more for us. Thanks to Beth for this one!

* I ordered some fall/winter clothes from Old Navy and the Gap that came yesterday. Once again, I was duped by the shirts that looked normal on the website, but turned out to be tissue paper thin. WHY?! What is the point of a shirt that is totally see through?! I realize you are supposed to "layer", but I'm not into layering... can't they just make a FEW shirts that are normal thickness?

* Simon has taken to saying things in funny voices just to get a laugh. Just last night, he yelled twice from his bed before he went to sleep that he had to pee pee, except he sounded like jim Carey and he said, "MommAY! I have to PAY PAY" which he said with both lips tucked under (if you can picture that). He thought this was just hysterically funny. (and it was) My mom says he reminds her more and more of my brother every day. This is wonderful... I love my brother and he's hysterically funny and all. I just hope whatever career Simon chooses doesn't land him across the country. LOL!

* Speaking of pee pee, Simon has turned out to be a much cheaper potty-trainee than his older brother. In fact, other than a few chocolate chips a few months ago when we were first testing the waters? He hasn't cost us a dime. (or any Star Wars figures) Awesome. Also, He seems to be over his poop phobia. All that's left to conquer is night training, which should just happen naturally as he gets a little older. That was a little too easy. (knock on all kinds of wood) I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak.

* I'm have a collection of unfinished projects and it's is driving me crazy. I feel like I never finish ANYTHING. And then when I go back to work on something, I can never remember where I left off. Scrapbooks, sewing, knitting, painting ceilings, sealing the deck... I need to have a whole day (week) dedicated to FINISHING things.

* Wishing my friend Mandy all the luck in the world today at her interview! She has an interview for a job that couldn't be more perfect for her. I am hoping and praying that she gets it!

* I have officially started my Christmas shopping. As usual, I probably won't actually finish until Christmas Eve, but I've started.

* Facebook is a timesuck. Why do I feel the need to check it 50 times a day? Even as I type this, I'm starting to get that FB twitch because I haven't pulled it up in at LEAST 20 minutes.

No comments: