Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Update on the Menagerie...

The robin's eggs hatched yesterday! Well, three of them did, anyway. The fourth one was laid a good two days after the other three, so it's still sitting tight. The babies are adorable... all pink and bald. They keep trying to hold their heads up and open their beaks. ;) So fun. I emptied the pool on the patio since it was sitting just under the nest. Didn't want to be responsible for any drownings when they learn how to fly or if one of them falls out of the nest. Oy.

The ants in the house are GONE. The ants on the patio are greatly diminished. I keep putting the Terro out down there and fewer and fewer ants show up every day! Woohoo!

The bunnies are missing. I hope they are just hiding from the heat.

The wasps are still rebuilding. Tenacious little buggers. I really need to get a new can of spray.

The mice are back. (sigh) Getting more traps today. EW. I really do not mind mice when they are outdoors or in a cage. But creeping around amongst my foodstuffs... gag. Like the ants, they have crossed the line and now they will pay. I'm thinking I might call Terminix to come out here and figure out where they are coming in so we can end this once and for all.

No comments: