Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2013

Sweet Simon...


Last night, our house, before bed:

Ben: (sigh) I want some water.
Tom: Well, go down and get yourself some.
Simon, from the other room:  Hey, I'm going to go get myself some water, be right back!
Ben: (continues to whine about not wanting to go get water)
Tom: Ben, go down and get yourself some water. We are not your servants.
Simon: Hey Ben, I'll get you some water! Would you like some?

Melt my heart. This is just ONE example -- but Simon is seriously the sweetest, most compliant, easygoing, low maintenance, okay whatever, wants-to-be-a-helper-child EVER.  Ben isn't even all that NICE to him most of the time.

WHERE did he come from? Because it certainly wasn't Tom and me. I'm pretty sure God accidentally sent us my brother's kid from the future instead of the one we were supposed to get.  Either that or he was thinking he'd give us a nice respite between high maintenance 1 and 3... we earned it, right?

1 comment:

Katie said...

Aw, Simon. :)