At preschool yesterday, the other moms and I were talking about how it's complicated when our oldest kids befriend kids their age who have older siblings because the younger kids tend to be a little "older" and know things our firstborns don't know yet, which they then share with OUR kids.
I pointed out that our second, third, and fourth-borns (Yes, one of us is crazy enough to have four!) are going to be BE those kids. LOL.
Anyway, thankfully, Ben is not all that streetwise or sophisticated, so the most he has really shared with Simon that is a little beyond his age is Minecraft... and maybe some funny words and phrases like, "That's awkward" or "This is EPIC!" which crack me up whenever I hear them come out of my five-year-old's mouth.
Anyway, so Simon will be the one to introduce Minecraft to the kindergarten class, I think. Sorry, other moms! But it IS kind of a cool and creative game. He JUST got into playing Minecraft himself few weeks ago after watching Ben for a long time; but he already knows his way around really well. The funny things is that he only likes to play so he can build and create things. And that is SO Simon.
He called me up last night to show me that he had built the Emerald City (as in, from The Wizard of Oz) LOL! And he had, indeed. The entire Emerald "castle" with all kinds of intricate details. I don't know how he has the patience for it, but he'll work on his designs for HOURS if we let him. He is absolutely driven to create and is happiest when that's what he is doing... and he is always SO proud of his work. He is as right-brained as Ben is left-brained.
It's kinda cool. :)
What's he going be, I wonder?!
No comments:
Post a Comment