Search This Blog
Monday, February 25, 2013
Jonathan is 30 Months Old!
Dear Jonathan,
Today you are 30 months old. That's halfway to three!
You are, to put it mildly, kind of a handful these days. Sorry, but it's true. You lose your "stuff" at the drop of a hat, although daddy and I seem to be slowly cracking the code on that and learning how to catch it before it spirals out of control.
What does out of control mean? Oh, dear child... someday you can show this to your girlfriend so she can laugh and laugh. When you lose it, you LOSE it. You throw yourself facedown on the floor to start. I mean flat-out, face plant, whenever you are. Then you roll around and kick the floor, screaming and crying. It escalates into you standing back up and throwing your whole body all around... sometimes into walls, furniture or the floor again. You like to throw things and knock things over. We can't offer you anything because you throw them back at us. We can't rock or cuddle you because you kick and scream harder. We just have to put you on the floor in a wide-open room and let you go until eventually go calm down, ask for your binky and pull it back together again.
Yep. It's about as fun as it sounds.
In other news, you are talking nonstop these days. You ask questions, you say "I love you", you show us things you like. You went along to Ben's doctor's appointment last week and talked the entire time, asking Dr. B about this "Compeer" (computer) and talking about our "compeer." And on and on and on. I looked at Dr. B and said, "Yeah, in case I didn't mention, this one talks now." He chuckled.
I actually had to shush you, which, a year ago, is something I never thought I'd have to do. LOL!
You are growing quickly! I just put away all the 18-24 month pants and shirts and dragged out the 2T stuff. The pants are still big around the waist, so we have to roll them, but you finally don't look like you are waiting for a flood and your belly is not hanging out. I weighed you for the first time in months and months last night and you are 29-1/2 pounds. :) Not sure how tall, but you can reach some buttons and things you couldn't reach six months ago, so you must have grown!
You have gone right along with your brothers in their latest Star Wars phase and can handle a light saber like a pro. If people come over, you will often go get them one, hand it to them and say, "Here. You take dis one." and then, without any other warning, you'll start battling them. HA!
School is going well. You like your teachers and you know your friends' names now. You'll sit through the story most of the time, although music has become difficult because you only care about pushing the button on Miss Sally's CD player.
Speaking of which, you are obsessed with CDs/DVDs and CD/DVD players these days. It's like deja vu. Ben used to love them too. We have all kinds of scratches on our kids' DVDs to prove it. Open close open close in and out in and out. All day long you'd do it if I didn't distract you. It's a full-time job!
You are funny and you love to sing and dance. Your favorites these days are Disney songs from Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast. This is well-timed since we are going to Disney in a few months! Hope this phase lasts until August! :)
The big question everyone asks is if I plan on starting to potty train you soon. Yeah. NO. You have no interest. So for both of our sanity, our plan is to start in June or July. Hopefully something will change by then. :)
So that's you at 2-1/2! I know it has been a few months since I have actually written one of these monthly updates. So hopefully that gets us all caught up!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment