Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Snow... sort of

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crying any tears over two winters in a row with no significant snowfalls.  But my kids are kind of snow deprived and it's getting a little sad. Simon wasn't old enough to appreciate the blizzard a few years ago, so has never even really played in the snow!!! It's weird! 

And Jonathan has never even SEEN a real snow... he was in utero during the blizzard! (I have fond memories of trudging to Safeway with my townhouse neighbors in the snow when I was 12 weeks pregnant and our neighborhood hadn't been plowed yet) 

So when a dusting was left outside in the morning after a quick snowfall two nights ago, two out of three went out. Jonathan went first... he lasted about seven minutes. Simon, on the other, spent about a half hour making tracks and snow angels. :)

The snow melted before our eyes... but they enjoyed it while it lasted. And now I have some snow pictures for next year's calendar! ;)







1 comment:

Katie said...

I had the same exact sentiments this week. We've gone two years with no significant snow and while it is easier in some ways, i'm beginning to feel like my kids are snow deprived! Teagan doesn't even know it! Lucy barely knows it! Emily is used to blizzards and is constantly disappointed by these one inch clippers. Oh well. We got a sled for Christmas two years ago and I know that is why it hasn't snowed since then.