Search This Blog

Friday, February 22, 2013

I Am NOT Smarter Than a Third Grader...

The following email showed up in my inbox yesterday afternoon:


Neither Ben, nor I felt like tackling this last night after his regular homework, so we put it off until this morning. 

Me: Okay B, what's this mean?
Ben: blah blah blah critical thinking... I really don't know. 

Mkay. 

So I crowd-sourced some input on Facebook. May as well put my smart friends to good use. (many of whom happen to be teachers, or ex-teachers, so I thought for SURE we'd get some good explanations)

Nada.  Actually no, I take that back, Ben's teacher from last year chimed in with a great and helpful answer a few hours later, but it was already too late. 

We came up with something on our own, but I'm almost positive it was wrong. I did send an email off to the teacher joking that I was too dumb to help with this. 

She wrote back and said the kids were supposed to bring home their purple folder and inside was a checklist about how to write higher-level questions that gave examples.

Well now THAT would have been useful. LOL!  I wonder what it's like to have kids who actually bring home what they need?  Anyone? Anyone? 


No comments: