My inlaws called last night and wanted to take Ben for the day today... this actually worked out well because I was going to be up their way anyway for his doctor's appointment and also because I still have to pack for the beach.
When I dropped him off at 11, my mother-in-law said they'd keep him until he wanted to come home but that she hoped that was after dinner. Wow. That's a long time. I mentioned that it would be kind of nice if he were home by 4 because he likes to play outside with his friends in the afternoon, but that it was up to him.
I can count on probably one hand the number of times either of my kids have been away from me for an entire day. And it's weird. SO weird. I wonder how long it takes to get used to it? I figure I better get used to it soon because he'll be going to kindergarten next year from 9-4!
The house is SO quiet... Simon is napping, but I have a feeling it will still be quiet even when he gets up! I don't even know what to do with myself! It's a great opportunity to get things done and I often wish for just a little of this kind of free time... but I miss him when he's not here!
No comments:
Post a Comment