Search This Blog

Monday, June 02, 2008

Outdoor Blogging...

...and just hoping that Ben doesn't splash my laptop!

So a family friend (Heidi's father-in-law)just came over to take a look at our deck situation. We're going to tear down our existing deck (before it falls down on its own) and build a new one with another deck on the bottom. My neighbors who read my blog will understand why it did not come as shock to learn that our current deck (built when the house was built, we think), does not comply with any sort of code. Good times. I suppose I should consider myself lucky that it has not come crashing down on our heads already. ;) Anyway, so yay. I'm giving up any hope of replacing our kitchen counters/cabinets this calendar year in favor of this project so we can have a nice place to spend time outdoors. I think it's the right decision and now I'm getting excited about the idea of finally having a pretty backyard.

I took the boys to the playground this morning and ran into a girl from high school turned Facebook friend who I also ran into LAST summer when I was at the very same playground. Not that we had any kind of real conversation since she was chasing her two-year-old and I was chasing Ben and Simon. (who were going in opposite directions). Anyway, she just had her second baby (another boy), so we did get to chat a little about the trials and tribulations of all that...

Sitting here pondering how I need to plan my days better... Rachel's most recent post discussed something I've been struggling with myself and need to start dealing with. I plan meals some weeks, but don't always follow through. Then at 5:30 I'm running around trying to decide what to make for dinner. I also need to start prepping for the week's meals on Sundays because honestly, it's all the darn chopping of things that kills me every. single. time.

Anyway, enough rambling... and it just seems wrong to have a laptop outside. ;) I have to draw the line somewhere with this addiction... ;)

No comments: