Yay for Friday! :D
We have a birthday party to go to on Sunday for Lily. Ben is pretty excited as it is at the gymnastics place.
So we went shopping for a gift yesterday at Target and of course, had to stop in the Star Wars aisle so Ben could look at the figures. As we were standing there and Ben was babbling away about this guy and that guy and the guys he wanted to save up for, a woman about my age came up behind me and said, "How old is he?"
Seeing as there were two "he's" in my cart, I asked, "Which?"
"The talker, how old is he?"
I replied that he had just turned four and she pounced. "Great! Perfect! What would he like?! I have to buy a birthday gift for my nephew who is turning four and he LOVES Star Wars." So I let Ben tell her all his favorites and chimed in with some suggestions. She walked away with a set of all the most well-known SW guys. I tried to say that if her nephew was that into Star Wars, he probably already had those...but oh well. ;)
I then wandered over to the aisle of all things pink, sparkly and fluffy to find Lily's present. I really wished there had been a mom there with a two-year-old daughter to pounce on for help. ;) Because in THAT aisle? I feel like a stranger in a strange, pink, frosted, My Little Pony-filled Barbie Dreamhouse Princess land.
No comments:
Post a Comment