By my best estimate, Simon walked five or so steps this morning to get from the nightstand in our bedroom to the vacuum cleaner in the middle of the room. That's a guess, however, because I only caught the last two steps before he saw I had spotted him and promptly sat down.
The sneaky little guy is becoming a closet walker, a term coined by my mom's friend Hope, whose grandaughter (same age as Ben) used to walk all over the room until someone came in and then she'd sit down and pretend she couldn't walk at all. I don't think she "came out" until several months after her first birthday.
Simon will do positively ANYTHING to avoid walking, including crawling on his hands and the tips of his toes outside so he doesn't scrape his knees on the sidewalk. He will also leap from object to object even if they are ridiculously far apart for cruising purposes...
At this point, I'm very curious to see just how long he can draw this out. I'm really thinking he might go as long as the end of the summer or even September. I figure the longer it takes the more money I'm saving on shoes, right? ;) LOL! These days, it's all barefoot, all the time!
No comments:
Post a Comment