Was in Petsmart a little while ago buying kat fud. Got to the checkout line, glanced to my left and saw Santa. He was there so you could bring your dog to have a picture taken with him.
Now see, there are a whole contigent of you who just read that and are like, "Yeah! That's cool! So what?!" or "Yeah. I was just there with Fido. We got a great picture this year!"
And then there are those you who are more like me and are re-reading that thinking to yourself, "No... you're kidding right?!" But I am deadly serious. There was a SANTA in the PETSMART so the DOGS could sit on his lap and get their pictures taken. OH YES THERE WAS.
AND...
there was a HUGE LINE of people with their dogs... and the dogs? They were DRESSED and had BOWS in their hair. I'm sure I will offend at least 1/3 of my readers but I SOOooooo do not get the "dog is my child" thing. Maybe it's that I'm a cat person. Maybe it's that I HAVE a child (who is WAY above the cats on the priority list). But I JUST. DON'T. GET. IT. I also stopped into the grooming place they have there to ask if they would be willing to shave my mean and nasty and really matted black long-haired cat. (they said no) While I was there, a woman came in to drop off a very large and hairy black dog and burst into tears as she handed him over saying, "Go ahead... you'll be fine... you're making mommy cry!" Umm.. okay.
If you are a dog person, feel free to explain this mindset to me...
In other news... I REALLY wish my grocery store of choice was not next door to a Target. All I want to do is get my weekly grocery shopping done and I'm nearly run over/backed into/trampled by the hoards of Christmas shoppers. Plus, I had to park in a different zip code. Wish I had thought ahead to do TWO weeks of shopping while I was there so I didn't have to go do it again next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment