Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Survived.

Last night, I managed to don something other than my mommy uniform AND stay out last 9p.m. Seriously... this was a huge accomplishment for me. I actually had to REPIERCE my ears to get earrings in. How sad is that? Oy.

I had my very first ever moment of feeling like my brain was atrophying because I stay home all day. I was the only full-time mom in the group of spouses who were there (there was ONE work-at-home mom though). I had to make a concerted effort to make intelligent conversation that didn't involve poop, pee-pee and toddler development. But I think, once I got into the swing of things, I did okay. For the first time, I used the phrase, "He's almost two." when asked how old my son was, figuring that most of then don't know or care about the difference between a 21-month-old and a 24-month old.

I did have a weak moment when I heard the work-at-home-mom mention Gymboree. (because I knew she had to go to the same one I do) "Gymboree?! You go to Gymboree?! Ooo!! Which class? Who's your teacher?" Gah. I also briefly discussed the fine points of labor and epidurals with the preg that was in attendance. Again, I'm used to having the WAY too much info version of this conversation with my mommy friends, but I managed to restrain myself and keep it fancy-restaurant friendly.

Speaking of fancy restaurants, The Capital Grille was yummy. Though, it's a steakhouse and I ordered shrimp. (only one in the room).

My husband's boss told me how wonderful and hard-working and good at his job Tom is, how thankful they are to have him there and how they are so excited he is going to be their partner. That was nice to hear... I'm extremely thankful to have a husband who is good at what he does so that I can stay at home and kill brain cells with the Wiggles and the Doodlebops every day. (that sounds sarcastic, but it's really true.... I wake up every day thankful that I can do what I do.)

So that's that. We got home around 9:30 and Ben was sound asleep and apparently had played his little heart out for several hours with his Aunt Debbie. I think a good time was had by all! ;)

No comments: